With a bum shoulder YHC devised a workout targeting predominantly legs and core. The PAX showed out in strong numbers so obviously the PAX didn’t know what was coming. This is how it went down.
- 20 jumping jacks, oh wait side straddle hops
- 20 merkins
- 20 kettlebell slingshots, 10 on each direction
- 20 squats
- 20 good mornings
A ladder with reps multiplying X 2 each round:
- Kettlebell deadlifts
- Kettlebell goblet squats
- Kettlebell Russian swings
- Kettlebell single leg deadlift
- Kettlebell racked squats
- Kettlebell single arm Russian swings
Mumblechatter was increasing by the round, especially when the rounds of 16 and 32 hit, therefore Grout the Merciful was born. YHC was praised for his abounding mercy when he pronounced the single leg deadlifts and single arm swings rep counts to total 16, not 16 each side. Never let it be said that Grout does not show mercy to those who ask (2 Grout 13:16-19).
Next PAX paired up for a little you-go-I-go (YGIG) style supersets.
- First one, partners faced each other and completed 20 reps (total) of KB racked reverse lunges. Then Partner A held a chill cut while Partner B conducted farmers carries to the tree, completed two deadlifts and returned. Partners switched and up’ed the deadlift rep count by two until we reached ten reps on the deadlifts at the tree. Recover.
- Next one, partners faced each other and completed 20 reps (total) of KB side lunges (YGIG). Next Partner A held a high plank while Partner B again completed a farmers carry to the tree and back. Five rounds of this. No deadlifts this time, Grout the Merciful showed clemency again (roaring cheers).
- Last one, Partner A engaged in flutter kicks with the KB pressed above. Partner B went for a casual stroll with his kettlebell (suitcase carry) to the tree and back. Five rounds of this.
Five minutes of Mary to close us out:
- Abu blessed us with some modified Peter Parker’s
- Cousin IT treated us to some Nolan Ryan’s.
- And I believe it was Wimpie who finished us off with some LBCs (is that right?)
Abu’s father, local farmers and fisherman, Gazelle’s grandmother, T Bone in Waco, Memorial Day travel.
Murph Monday morning I believe it was stated there will be two start time, 0530 and 0630. Ruck after the 0630 Murph. Tuesday lunch at Sam Jones. Q source tomorrow morning after workouts.
String Bean, I learned, uses a very sneaky stall tactic. He will ask the group a question in between sets that he knows will take a while to answer and may produce much debate and he just sits back and takes that time to rest while others talk and debate. Very smart ol Bean of String, very smart. I don’t know about the rest of you, but that workout was the hardest thing I did all day and it was done by 8:00 am and THAT is a good feeling!