- When: 09/28/2019
- QIC: Noonan, Candy Cane, Cousin IT, String Bean, Padre, Goose
- Pax: Adrian, Backstreet, Bagpipe, Bassmaster, Berry (2.0), Big Brother2, Bilbo, Candy Cane, Captain Obvious, Chicken Wang, Cojack, Cold-Cut (RESPECT), Cousin IT, Depends, Dingle, Doogie Howser, Forge, Garcia, Gibbs, Goose, Grasshoppa (2.0), Grout, Haavaad (RESPECT), Kahuna (DOUBLE RESPECT), Karate Kid, Landline, Loafer (RESPECT), Noonan, Overhaul, Padre (DOUBLE RESPECT), Patch (RESPECT), Punch Out, Recon, Shakespeare, Shoot Out, Show Boat, Sparks, Stabler, String Bean, Sully, Thunderbird, Uncle Si, Vanilla
- FNGs|Visiting Pax: FNGs - Jeff Daigle - F3 Dingle, Luke Daigle - F3 Berry, Christopher Sheets - F3 Bilbo, Michael Lyles - F3 Garcia, Miles Danielson - F3 Karate Kid, Tim Danielson - F3 Grasshoppa, Ed Keesler - F3 Bagpipe, Scott Vandenbussche- F3 Big Brother Squared (BBS), Jason Gurd - F3 Gibbs, Anthony Holsten - F3 Shakespeare, Scott Bircher - F3 Backstreet, Travis Everett - F3 Forge, Andrew Skinner - F3 Bass Master, Steve Evans - F3 Adrian, Mike Furgeson - F3 Overhaul, Could not hear name - F3 Shoot out,
FightCon was set to take place at Covenant Church the weekend of Sept. 27/28 (Fri Night/Sat Morning) with Brad Larson (https://gatewaylife.com/event-organizer/brad-larson/) as our speaker. During our Friday night Parker’s BBQ dinner, String Bean (Rob Hall) was shoulder tapped to coordinate the already planned workout for Saturday morning. Why was String Bean tapped to help with a workout that was already planned you might ask…because F3 HIM prepare and train for moments when unforeseen unfortunate circumstances happen. String Bean was tapped because his Covenant Church community knows he is able, willing, and ready to do so! F3 ENC rose to the occasion and led a beat down that won’t soon be forgotten.
F3 is a national network of free, peer-led workouts for men. Our mission is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership. Started in 2011 in Charlotte, North Carolina, F3 has grown to more than 26 states and 1,400 scheduled workouts a week through the volunteer efforts of men whose lives have been changed by their involvement with the group. The three Fs in our name stand for Fitness, Fellowship and Faith — the last of which we define as not one specific religion or faith system, but simply a belief in something outside oneself.F3 participants range in age from the 4-, 5- and 6-year-olds who participate in F3 Dads workouts each summer to men in their 60s and 70s — and even one in his 80s! Our workouts …
- Are free of charge
- Are open to all men
- Are held outdoors, rain or shine, heat or cold
- Are led by men who participate in the workout in a rotating fashion, with no training or certification necessary
- End with a Circle of Trust
We welcome men of all fitness levels to our workouts and have no requirement for membership other than that you show up at the appointed time and place and follow what the workout leader (the “Q” in F3 lingo) does.
The F3 Credo is: Leave no man behind, but leave no man where you find him.
6:00 am arrived in the dial – We circled up; Padre led the group in prayer…specifically for the family affected by a tragic heart attack, and for Chris Lyle, who experienced a freak accident Friday night at the FightCon event.
The ruckers followed Padre and got in 4-5 miles and some serious PT. Ask Goose (Martin Dody) about it. The boot camp for non ruckers) was Q’d by Noonan, Candy Cane, Cousin IT, and finished off by String Bean and went down somewhat like this…
- SSH x 15 IC (in cadence) 4 count
- Michael Phelps x 15 IC – 4 count
- Cotton/Collard Pickers x 15 IC – 4 count
First Exercise is DORA (100 burpees, 200 LBCs, 300 squats)…The PAX were instructed to partner up and face the building shoulder to shoulder about 10-15 yards away. Modifications for bear crawls were lunges, and for burpees were merkins.
- Partner 1 bear crawls to building and back while Partner 2 performs burpees up to 100 combined
- P1 bear crawls to building and back while P2 performs LBCs up to 200 combined
- P1 bear crawls to building and back while P2 performs squats up to 300 combined
Almost all finished the challenge and the next Q was ready to administer the next dosage of pain.
Alternating BTW (balls to the wall) and PC (peoples chair) at 2 walls with PAX running stairs. BLIMPS around the parking lot at several different trees.