YHC had the Q for the second conducted workout of the F3 Laramie Launch Week and was excited to get back out into the snowy #gloom to conduct a beatdown at AQ GiddyUp. It was 15 degrees as YHC exited the #fartsack, layered up, grabbed #shovelflag and headed out the arch to my waiting trusty Jeep stead. Swept the snow from the windshield and made my way to the site. Snow plowers were out. Trudged to the site. Planted the flag in a suitable snow pile, then created a video to document the moment. Made a bad assumption that YHC might be solo due to the weather and the fact that Hoosegow had notified of flu symptoms the night before. Then, with 15 seconds to spare, from the gloom approached an FNG. Greetings exchanged, and we were off like a dirty shirt….
Disclaimer: Full version for FNG
Warm Up: SSH, IC, X15; High Knees, IC, X15, Don Quixotes, IC, X15
The Thang: YHC decided to do a basic repeat of Monday’s workout since the FNG/PAX was different and it helps introduce new PAX to many of the basic F3 exercises. BLIMPS circuit using star configured sidewalks pattern and exercising at each point and running from star center/flagpole to each point and back.
- Burpees, Lunges, Imperial Walkers, Merkins, Plank Jacks, Squats (10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60),
- Rinse and Repeat, BLIMPS (5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30), mosey to bench seats,
- Foot Release Squats and Irkins, sets of 15 reps each, 10 reps each, 5 reps each),
- Mary (Flutter Kicks IC, LBC’s IC, American Hammers IC, mosey back to the #shovelflag
Circle of Trust:
- NameaRama: Welcome to Shawn Bunning, Staff Member at UW Office of Global Engagement. Named “Rosetta” after revealing he has an interest in different languages which reminded YHC of the Rosetta Stone……
- Prayer Requests: Acquaintance dealing with significant medical issues for the father and his son; workplace leadership transition and uncertainty; completion of Hot Pursuit’s house and travel mercy for his M coming to visit Laramie next week and house search; strength and wisdom to meet the challenges of the day
Moleskin: Great way to start a Friday. Was happy to have a buddy in the gloom as we carefully negotiated the slick snow-covered sidewalks and got ‘er done. Hoping to continue a slow but determined PAX build in Laramie. The #shovelflag has been planted #LaramieRising