Washington Pax of 13 and one visiting Gorilla gathered at the flag for the Second annual Halloween Gloom Beatdown. Costumes were optional, but to be clear, if Pax came in normal Black Ops Mudgear, they were looked down upon and the mumble chatter they heard, was about them.
Richard Simmons took over the Q and proceeded to do 20 reps of Pickle Pointers in honor of himself. Definitely a Ranger Panty Poppin beginning.
After the due deference, the workout began. There was no cadance today. It was either OYO or Richard lead. Here it is with Playlist:
- Fort Minor – Remember the Name Warmup continued with 2 sets of 20 Good Mornings, 20 Hallelujahs, 20 Don Quixotes, 20 High Knees, 20 Butt Kickers.
- “Last of the Mohicans” Pax Moseyed to wood Pier Bench on North Side of Board walk.
- Tubthumper Chumbawamba: Started with SSH at beginning of song, then every time they say, “I get knocked down, but i get up again” Pax did a burpee. While not doing burpees, Pax continued doing SSH. In the end, we did about 30 burpees and a bookoo of SSH.
- Mosey back to the flag. Music “Last of the Mohicans”
- Baba O’Reilly with Cement Blocks: Zombie Walked around the gazebo holding cement blocks. After one trip around, Pax did 20 block reps of high pulls, curls, and presses. After lifting, Pax Zombie Walked around Gazebo Increasing tempo for the final 30 seconds.
- Bodies Hit the Floor with Cement Blocks: Started in on sixes position. When the song said “Let The Bodies Hit The Floor” pax did bench presses (too many to count, but enough to feel the pain) When the song counted (1, 2, 3, 4) Pax did Crunches with Blocks on Abdomen. (21 Total).
- Mosey to People’s Pier “Last of the Mohicans”
- Get Low: Pax held the People’s Chair while the song says Get Low over and over again. When the Beat Drops Pax did squats up and down in Cadence with the beat. This was ridiculous on the calves.
- Mosey to the Gazebo “Last of the Mohicans”
- Bring Sally up “Flower”: This was a challenge to the Pax: Last man holding Plank. Pax started with chest on the ground, When the song said “Bring Sally Up” the Pax went in the ‘Merkin’ up position, and “Bring Sally Down” the Pax went in the ‘Merkin’ down position. Pax held the down position until the next rep. It was only 31 little reps in 3:30. Not exactly sure who won, the challenge, but I think Deuce did the most reps. Richard will consider formal protest. Pax modified the ‘merkins’ by using their knees once the were out. This was definitely insane and showed the Pax has much ‘merkin’ work to do be able to challenge these guys..
- Richard looked to the Pax to finish the last 5 minutes. SSH, 6 Inches, American Hammers and WW2 Sit Ups to name a few.
Pax Circled Up and heard announcements and prayer requests:
- Pax Oyster Roast, November 10th at Flo’s AO. Details to come.
- Prayer Request: An anonymous friend, Saul and his family, our country.
And with that, Richard Simmons went back into retirement.
Post Accolades…. Best Costume :”Modify Man”, Did That just Happen Moment: Magic Mike dancing during warm-ups. Best Moment: Tie: Gorilla pulling down Largemouth’s Ranger Panties and Gorilla Walk-off into the Gloom after beatdown .