- When: 11/29/2019
- QIC: Darkside Ruckers
Once again, back by popular demand! All PAX are cordially invited to join the Darkside Ruckers for a Black Friday Pub Ruck. Put the Christmas lights on hold, give the Thanksgiving left overs a rest and head to town commons. This is a great opportunity to experience ruckership where the first and second F’s will be in great supply. Grab your rucksack, backpack, or any other suitable carry all and ruck up!
Date & Time: Friday, November 29, 2019 6:30PM
Starting point: Greenville Town Commons
Pubs: Christy’s Euro Pub, Villa Verde, Mporium, Chico’s, Sup Dogs
End Time: Appx. 11PM
Ending point: Greenville Town Commons
The itinerary is as follows:
- 6:30 PM – Depart from Greenville Town Commons to Christy’s Euro Pub via South Tar River Greenway. (appx. 1.5 miles) 10-15 minute hydration break
- Christy’s Euro Pub to Villa Verde (appx. 2 miles) 10-15 minute hydration break
- Villa Verde to Mporium (appx. 2 miles) 10-15 minute hydration break
- Mporium to Chico’s via 10th St connector (> 2 miles) 10-15 minute hydration break
- Chico’s to Sup Dog’s via ECU main campus (appx 2 miles) 10-15 minute hydration break
The plan is to keep a sub 20 minute mile pace which will put us back to Town Commons at approximately 11PM. The 10-15 minute hydration periods will provide us flexibility to remain on schedule and finish on time. The route has been planned with access to sidewalks and lighting. We are not covering as much area as previous pub rucks, will be taking more scenic routes. We should end up with 8ish miles. As always, safety of all PAX is the number 1 priority. You are encouraged to wear reflective clothing or accessories, carry glow sticks, and use headlamps. Hope to see you there!