YHC had been looking for a Q opportunity for the past week or so then saw Hiny’s Slack appeal for someone to step up and Q #blastoff. YHC hadn’t posted at Boyd Lee in quite a while and decided it was high time to return to the mothership AO and get a Q in at the same time. Jumped on the opportunity, put out some teasers on the twitter machine and on Slack, and even EH’d some PAX by text. Friday’s are packed with posting opportunities, so the competition is high! Rolled into the park a little early and posted some signage, then waited for the PAX to roll in. Good showing of seven PAX at the starting bell. One more would join us in progress a bit later (Soft Top) as our fashionably late PAX who drove in from Chocowinity. Great morning. Circled up, and we were off like a dirty shirt.
No FNG’s. Brief disclaimer.
Warm Up: SSH’s X 15, Good Mornings X 10, High Knees (not Hinys) X 15, #mumblechatter X much
- Around the sidewalk circle of the park, six marked stations, evenly spaced. PAX would run between stops and execute Burpees X 10, Lunges X 20 (YHC caused confusion by initially doing IW’s at this station), Imperial Walkers X 30, Merkins X 40, SOFT TOP JOINED US HERE, Plank Jacks X 50, Squats X 60
- Rinse and repeat, but cut reps at each stop in half
- “Rest” stop between Merkins and Plank Jack station on second pass to detour to pavilion – step up and overs of three picnic table rows X 10; Dips in Cadence, return to BLIMPS loop to complete, plank at shovel flag for the six
- Circled up – F3 Workout Card Deck Drill. Drew cards and executed 10 different exercises with varying repetitions based on card value. Good variety. Last card was an ACE for 100 arm circles.
- Count a Rama
- Prayer Requests: Abu’s father’s recovery, Cold Cut’s son, King Pin’s radiation treatments, Several Family Members of PAX Traveling or Overseas, Unspoken
- Announcements: PAX Friday Lunch at Vila Verda today, Sign up for Sasquatch ASAP – Consider support functions, Welcome back gathering for RAMBO will be at King Pin’s house Wednesday. Please support.
Moleskin: Great morning and good effort by the PAX through a variety of exercises. Was good to have several who haven’t posted in a while. Appreciated the opportunity to Q.