Since Stabler is still on IR (get better bro!), Fruity Pebbles reached out to YHC to Q today since Stabler was on the calendar. YHC quickly accepted, since I’ve been wanting to Q out of West Side Story for a while. This AO is definitely unique, with several options for the Q to take advantage. YHC pulled up at 0441 (as per usual with our EC rucks lately, Patch haha) and YHC noticed there were several cars in the parking lot. So we are off to a good start! Pothole was getting out of his truck when YHC pulled up. After we grabbed our rucks, Patch, Scotty Moe, and Fruity Pebbles made their way back to the parking lot from their first lap around the building. 5 for an EC ruck, then Rafiki showed up around 0500 and had a solo EC run. We made our way back to the flag at 0526. 10 total PAX were ready to go at 0530. No FNGs, and it went something like this:
- SSH – 20 – IC
- Michael Phelps – 10- IC
- Good Mornings – 15 – IC
- Indian run to the front of the church by the lighted sign
YHC had so much fun doing burpees after my challenge at the Clydesdales yesterday that I figured we would do some more! Started off with 11’s, Burpees and Squats.
Next, we moseyed to the middle section of the church where the was an open wall.
- People’s Chair: instead of a PAX 10 count, YHC asked each PAX to name two goals they have set for themselves for 2019
- Balls to the Wall: instead of a PAX 10 count, YHC had each PAX name the person that brought them to their first F3 workout, the name of the first AO they attended, and the Q that was in charge that day
Mosey to the playground and partnered up for DORA 1-2-3
Partner 1 would do exercises while partner 2 ran to the end of the parking lot and back, then flapjack
- 100 swerkins
- 200 LBCs
- 300 Lunges
Then we moseyed to the parking lot and lined up in a straight line on one side for a mini merkin ladder. YHC instructed that we would do merkins at each tree, increasing the reps at each tree (there were 7 trees). YHC wanted us all to stay together so there was no man left behind, so we did these IC. After the last tree, we sprinted back to the starting line.
Spinal Tap finished us off with 1 minute of flutter kicks
- Injured PAX
- Pied Piper’s back surgery on 1/14
- Raleigh officer that was shot, and another officer is Louisiana that was shot
- Die Hard’s brother had a surgery for a brain aneurysm and had some complications
- Hot Spot
- Students taking exams
- Stabler’s back
- Praise for recent numbers at different AO’s
- Praise for Patch’s M doing well with Orange Theory and tumor markers being low at last check
- Praise for 6 year anniversary of FiA
YHC prayed us out
- Coffee/Donut ruck Saturday morning at 0530, starting at Duck Donuts, roughly 10.5 miles
- Lunch at Abram’s today
We had a great push from all the PAX today. YHC wanted to keep the workout simple, but challenging at the same time. The people’s chair and BTTW portion was awesome as we heard a lot of great goals that some of the PAX have set for themselves. Some of the goals were 1000+ running miles in 2019 for Rafiki, Several PAX have set goals for 200+ posts in 2019, Cousin IT wants to post more than he did in 2018 (and I’m sure he will reach this goal), and just overall PAX want to get healthier in fitness and in relationships. I will say this, the PAX keep you accountable. A couple of fitness goals that I’ve set for myself is to ruck 600+ miles in 2019, and lose 15lbs by my birthday in May. I know by sharing these goals, and posting regularly, the PAX will be there to push me along. Thanks to Fruity Pebbles for the opportunity to lead today!
Until next time…